Booking a cruise vacation is not always the easiest task. There are a lot of minor details that can easily be overlooked when you are trying to plan a trip, even if it’s not your first time. Using a travel agent takes some of the pressure off of you and leaves you more time to enjoy your vacation. When booking with an agent, you are working with someone who is trained and experienced in the cruise industry. They know how to not only get you the best deals, but you have someone to go to who will provide you with advice when you are unsure of which route to take, whether it be the cruise line to choose, the cabin type to select, or the amenities that will best suit your travel needs. Agents provide the knowledge to help you in choosing a line and a sailing that is perfect for you. Typically agents have the ability to work with the cruise lines to help make sure that your trip is the best that it can be. When working with a travel agent, you have someone to act as a liaison between you and the cruise line, giving you more time to focus on the more enjoyable parts of planning for you.
Booking with a travel agent has many financial advantages as well. A lot of times travel agencies have rates that are lower than what the cruise line has at that time, giving you more money to spend on other parts of your trip. In addition to the lower rates, travel agents offer perks in addition to what the cruise line is offering. Even if the rates are the same and there is no cost advantage to booking with an agent, the additional perks will be the difference. If you are traveling with a group, an agent can be especially helpful because it means having an extra person, who is trained in planning cruises, help you organize everything and make sure that everyone is taken care of, not to mention, the perks to booking a group of eight or more cabins. Overall, booking with a travel agent gives you a peace of mind knowing that you have someone on your side ensuring that everything is taken care of before you board the ship.
Ten Reasons to Book with a Travel Agent:
- Price Advantage
- Many times travel agents have a price advantage over the cruise lines giving you the opportunity to take advantage of lower rates than what the cruise line is offering, while still getting great amenities.
- Extra Perks
- Booking with an agent allows you the opportunity to take advantage of amenities that are not being offered by the cruise line but are in addition to what the cruise line is offering. These extra perks can help to save you money in the long run.
- Experience and Training
- Travel agents have undergone training that gives them the knowledge and experience to provide you with great advice to make sure that your trip is the best that it can be. Here at CruCon, our agents undergo an extensive training program to ensure that they can provide the best possible assistance for you and your family when you are booking.
- Someone on your side
- Booking with a travel agent means that you have someone on your side and someone who is working for your best interest. As agents, we know how important it is for you to have a great vacation, and we have the ability to work with the cruise line to make sure that your needs are met.
- Someone who knows what needs to be done
- Travel agents know exactly what the cruise line needs to fulfill your medical and dietary needs. If you are traveling with someone who has medical or dietary restrictions, your agent can work with the cruise line to make sure that everything is taken care of once onboard. When booking, it is easy to overlook the option to note that someone has dietary restrictions, allergies, or requires certain medical attention while onboard. Your agent can work with you to make sure that everything is noted and the proper forms are filled out.
- More than a booking number
- When you book with one of our agents, you are more than just a booking number, you are now a part of our family. Working with a travel agent allows you the chance to build a relationship and work with someone who will learn your specific needs to help better cater to you. After time, your agent will know your cruise line preferences, your cabin preferences, your past passenger numbers, and so much more to make sure that your booking process is simple and easy for you.
- Agents have already done your homework for you
- It takes a lot of planning and research to book a cruise. There are multiple cruise lines, cabin types, and choices that need to be made when booking. It can take weeks or even months of research to make the choices that best suit you and your family. An agent can help shorten that time by getting information from you that helps narrow down your choices.
- Someone to help you maintain your budget
- There are a lot of costs that come with cruising that you may not think of. Working with a travel agent can help you stay within your budget because they know how much things will most likely cost. They are able to advise you of the onboard charges that you will encounter as well as all of the pre-cruise costs.
- Travel Agents work great with a group
- Booking a group of people on one vacation can be hard, especially if everyone lives in different places. Having a travel agent gives you one extra person who can offer advice and sometimes get you discounts or additional perks for traveling with a large group. Having an agent also means that they can help you organize events onboard if you are looking to rent a room or celebrate an event onboard.
- Peace of Mind
- If something goes wrong along your trip, having a travel agent means that there is someone there to help. Whether you are filing a claim with your travel insurance or trying to find alternate plans, your travel agent is there to help you.
Have an idea for our blog? What would you like to learn more about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org